Cibapac is committed to food quality and safety!
Consumer and regulatory forces, not least the new Consumer Protection Act, mean that all food manufacturers have to do more to assure that the foods they produce are safely packed for consumption. Consumers have a right to expect safe, high quality food – and it’s a right that all parties in the supply chain are obliged to honour.
This is why at Ciba we have gone the extra mile to attain British Retail Consortium (BRC) certification for our world-class factory campus in our Johannesburg factory in Alrode, Alberton.
BRC is a rigorous international standard that requires implementation of strict risk, quality and safety management systems.
At Cibapac, we understand that food safety is a non-negotiable for our customers and that only world class packaging for food will do. We believe food safety assurance is about sense, not cents.
Industry Membership – Standard
TThe PSA is an industry initiative, started under the auspices of the Plastics Federation, which strives to inform retailers as well as the consumers with regards to the advantages and safe application of polystyrene packaging products.
The environmental advantages of polystyrene are its light weight and low carbon footprint as well as the post-consumer re-cycleability into picture frames and other non-food products.
For more information, please visit: www.polystyrenepackaging.co.za
This is effectively a form of “extended producer responsibility”. The plastics industry recognises its responsibilities with regards to waste management and especially litter, and absolutely intends to actively solve the problems along with Government and other stakeholders.
The Enviromark is the perfect vehicle from which to mount successful waste management campaigns and affect the waste hierarchy management system.
For more information, please visit: www.plasfed.co.za
Product Quality & Safety – BRC Global Standards
Certification to the Standard:
- ensures senior management’s commitment to product quality and safety,
- verifies the delivery of consistent quality of both product and process,
- proactively governs the risk of food safety hazards by elimination or effective control,
- assists in exercising due diligence in respect of legal obligations,
- helps provide protection to the consumer,
- leads the company to sustainable continuous improvement,
- builds company intellectual property,
Some Benefits of the BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials:
- a comprehensive focus on safety, legality and quality,
- clear and detailed requirements based on HACCP principles supported by documented systems,
- standardised reporting format providing information on how sites meet the requirements of the Standards,
- closure of all non-conformities identified at an audit with evidence included in the report before certificates can be issued,
- complements existing quality management systems e.g. ISO and HACCP where these meet the requirements of the Standard.
For more information, please visit: www.brcglobalstandards.com
Black Economic Empowerment
SANAS certificates are a formal recognition that an organisation is competent to perform specific tasks.
For more information, please visit: www.sanas.co.za